Wednesday, February 22, 2012

40 bags in 40 days

Today is Ash Wednesday.  The first of the 40 day Lenten season.  I first heard of the 40 bags in 40 days 'purge' last year from Sara...who originally heard of the idea from Sarah...and now I, Sarah, will share it with you.  Funny how that worked out.

The basic idea is to rid your house of 40 bags of stuff during the 40 days of Lent.

Lent is a time of renewal, sacrifice, self-control, almsgiving and prayer.  To me, this project is about taking time to reflect on what is really important.  De-cluttering my life to make more room for what is real...God and my family.  It's a way to reflect on how much we have and what we actually need.  I feel that this is such an important thing to teach my kids, so I'll be having them help with the process as well.

Here's how it works.  Make a list of 30 or so areas of your house.  I have 34 on my list right now, this way I'll have room to add things or take an extra day for a larger project.  Just work your way through the list taking one area each day, throwing away garbage and donating anything you don't need, use, or want.

Here is my list ~



So, who's with me?  Are you ready to clear your life of 40 bags in 40 days?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Tootles,
Sarah

* I'm linking up at some of these swell places...

3 comments:

  1. I'm with ya! I actually did a post on this on Monday too:)! I did some purging today and it felt sooooo good!

    Kim www.plumberrypie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I found you on the Linky hop...I'm following with GFC and LF. I would love if you stopped by and followed back, so we can stay connected. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs